1. WHEREAS: Dr. O’Hara, as a mentor, has extensive experience in treating children with PANS, PANDAS, Basal Ganglia Encephalitis, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Complex Chronic Illnesses, including Lyme, Migraines, Chronic Fatigue using gastrointestinal, nutritional, immunologic, metabolic and environmental approaches. This is a program to mentor other health professionals who are interested in learning functional medicine approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of these patients;
WHEREAS: The undersigned Mentee is an MD, ND, DO, APRN, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, chiropractor, nutritionist, dietician, therapist, educational professional or other licensed health care professional who desires training in the areas of mentor expertise;
WHEREAS: Both parties acknowledge that the mentor/mentee relationship is one of education, training and consultation and does not constitute a physician/practitioner relationship with any patients,
The parties agree to the following
2. Services to Be Performed. Mentor agrees to perform the following services for Client/mentee:
2a. Educational consultations by phone, Skype, Zoom or other methods employed by mentor to teach the clinical practice of functional medicine diagnosis and treatment for complex chronic illness, including but not limited to PANS, PANDAS, Basal Ganglia Encephalitis, Autism spectrum disorders, Mitochondropathies, Immune dysregulation, detoxification impairments, Lyme disease, Mold toxicity, Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, Obesity, Anxiety and other conditions for which mentees seek advice.
2b. Education will build upon the principles of Integrative and Functional Medicine.
2c. Medical assessments and treatments discussed during the educational sessions may be considered non-standard, alternative or complementary in nature. Therapeutic nutraceuticals, herbals and medications may be considered “off-label” or not approved by the Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Disease Control, and other professional medical or academic institutions.
2d. Mentees participation in online consults with Mentor does not create or imply any doctor-patient relationship between mentor and mentee’s patients or mentee and mentor’s patients.
2e. Mentor is duly licensed to practice medicine in their home states but do not hold either unrestricted or limited medical licenses in other states and countries. State standards and requirements for the practice of telemedicine vary from state to state. Our services, to meet legal and ethical requirements, are strictly educational in nature. Mentor will not engage in a physician/patient relationship with any patients who are not established patients by an office visit on site with Mentor.
- Payment and Documents. Client/mentee will pay Contractor/Mentor as follows:
Session rate with Dr. O'Hara as per website. She will answer any questions that a practitioner may have and review patient documents including lab work, evaluations, write- ups, etc. providing guidance in working with your patients. If there are a group of practitioners on the call the total cost for the session remains $500. If there are labs or other documents to review, Dr. O’Hara will do so prior to the call for up to one-half hour at no extra charge. Documents must be submitted for review by the Friday before the scheduled session.
Please email labs and documents to [email protected]
- Confidentiality: Mentor & mentee acknowledge that they will abide by requirements under state and federal law to maintain patient confidentiality. Both parties will take all reasonable, necessary and customary measures to protect medical information, family histories, laboratory data, and identifying information. Mentor & mentee agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HITECH and HIPPA).
- Warranties or Guarantees: Mentor has a good faith basis routed in science for the clinical safety & efficacy of the treatment strategies that are recommended. However, clinical application of any therapy depends on the clinical judgement of the provider making best recommendations for the individual patient. Mentee is responsible for making his or her own clinical judgements with regard to any particular patient when considering the therapeutic strategies and recommendations from Mentor. Mentor disclaim any warranties, expressed or implied, that our educational services will meet the Mentee’s needs or desires. Mentee is responsible for making a reasonable effort to comply with the laws and regulations, both state and federal, when using any therapies which may not be widely accepted by the standard medical community. Mentee is responsible for obtaining patients’ informed consent and monitoring for side effects.
- Indemnification: Mentee agrees that he or she is solely responsible for the care of his or her patients. Mentor assumes no civil, criminal or administrative liability that may arise from any treatments recommended by Mentee. Mentee agrees to indemnify and hold Mentor harmless from any costs, claims, losses, liabilities, attorney’s fees which arise out of any alleged breach of law. The terms of this section shall survive the termination of this mentor/mentee agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties. It replaces and supersedes any and all oral agreements between the parties, as well as any prior writings.
- Modification. This agreement may be modified only by a written agreement signed by all the parties.